Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jack Welch vs. Al Dunlap

I happened to read an article about "Chainsaw" Al Dunlap, who is infamous CEO, turned ailing companies into profit making companies by means of various ruthless acts, mainly downsizing (Read: firing folks who are not good in handling corporate/work place politics). He later got into series of accounting scams (looks like he is pioneer in corporate scams). I immediately started to think about Jack Welch, former GE CEO who is champion of cost-cutting and downsizing. I immediately "Googled" the term "Jack Welch vs. Al Dunlap". Not exact macthes, but folks in the web space have talked about these former CEOs and their "kind" acts. BTW, Jack Welch too have a nick name like Al Dunlap – "Neutron" Jack Welch. I dont know the exact description of his nick name "Neutron" Jack. I feel its a small thing which middle class - employee class people can do for mighty CEOs. I'm also curious to know who is the "kind-hearted" CEO who has not bothered ("fired") many hapless "employee" class folks and still managed to pull the falling companies from further falling? I heard that SouthWest Airlines managment team is kinder to their staffs? Is that true??

No comments:

Post a Comment