Saturday, November 7, 2009

In-built Bookshops!

Ever since I left my last company, my reading has diminished or stopped to nil. The reason: the place where I was working earlier has bookshops and coffee shops within its perimeter. Often, I frequent to those “in-built” bookshops to buy books and pass time. Now, I'm at my own company and that has neither “in-built” bookshops nor coffee shops. I don't know, for some reasons, I never attempted to buy a novel or short story book, though I like novels and short stories. All the time, I look for Scott Adams books (with more Dilbert cartoons) or Kushwant Singh’s books (again, I never attempted to buy train to Pakistan or Sikh history) or some books based on author's weird theory or concept. Once I bought a book titled "Survival of the sickest".

The other time I bought "Freakonomics" by Malcolm Baldwell or Caldwell. After reading tons of positive thinking books, I had developed an aversion to “positive thinking” materials. Btw, still I'm buying and keeping those materials it in my shelves. Next time if you visit me, I will present those to you. One more thing, the same “in-built” bookshops introduced me to Richard Dawkins and his bestseller "God Delusions", "How to make money from day-trading" (that time I was strongly believed, I can make good fortune from day trading") and scientist yet mavericks books (e.g., Richard Faymen).

No comments:

Post a Comment